Breaking Into Wall Street – Advanced Financial Modeling
Are you looking for a way to learn or upgrade your financial modeling skills, but don’t know where to turn?
Advanced Financial Modeling from Breaking Into Wall Street teaches you how investment bankers model and value real companies in real life.
It allows you to master advanced financial modeling skills, without rocket-science math and without hundreds of hours of boring academic study, by completing:
- A detailed operating model with revenue and expense projections by business segment
- A full valuation using 9 different methodologies
- An advanced merger model that combines all 3 statements
- An advanced LBO model with support for 7 tranches of debt
What Sets This Course Apart
From Everything Else On The Market?
First, the Advanced Financial Modeling course is NOT simply academic theory. It’s based on a real-life case study of Microsoft’s attempted $44 billion acquisition of Yahoo, so we take the same approach to learning that Harvard Business School does: case studies.
And it’s the most user-friendly and time-effective way to learn these advanced financial modeling skills – here’s what’s in it for you:
- Dominate Your Interviews. You’ll learn concepts here that go beyond what you do on the job every day – master those, and normal interview questions will be a joke. Whether you’re preparing for interviews in investment banking, private equity, hedge funds, or anything else, you’re covered.
- Prepare for IB and PE Case Studies. Everything is based on case studies of real deals – primarily Microsoft’s proposed $44B acquisition of Yahoo! – and we include several additional case studies on the $3B TPG / J Crew deal, the $5B ConAgra / Ralcorp bid, and Intel’s $8B acquisition of McAfee. You’ll know exactly what interviewers are looking for in case studies, and how to set up your models and answer questions successfully.
- Learn by Watching with Video-Based Training. There’s no substitute for watching a pro go through everything in Excel, so that’s exactly what you get here. But sometimes you also want it in writing, so you’ll also get quick reference guide PDFs for topics like Stock vs. Asset vs. 338(h)(10) deals and key formulas in transactional models.
- Test Your Knowledge with Practice Exercises. You’ll get “Before” and “After” Excel files for each lesson – follow along with the lesson, and then check your answers afterward.
- Track Your Progress and Take Notes. You can check off each lesson as you move through the material, and take notes on everything – you can come back whenever you want, to refresh yourself on whatever you want.
- Course Certifications. After completing the course material, you’ll be eligible to take our Certification Quiz. Once you pass the quiz, you’ll receive a Certificate that you can add to your resume / CV and refer to in interviews.
- Learn Advanced Nuances of Accounting, Valuation, and Merger and LBO Models. We go in-depth into topics like Non controlling Interests and Equity Investments, different Depreciation methods and book vs. cash taxes, non-recurring charges and calendarization, and “industrial-strength” merger and LBO models. After you master these topics, you’ll be in the top 1% of your class and you’ll be well-positioned for bonuses, exit opportunities, and more.
- Learn How to Use Equity Research and Filings. Always know where to find everything – you’ll learn how to adjust for non-recurring charges, how to look up numbers in equity research, and how to complete valuations even when information is scarce (with acquisitions of private companies, for example).
- Get All Your Questions Answered. You’ll get world-class support – experienced bankers will answer your questions, comments, and emails 365 days per year.
Gain Official Recognition of Your Training With BIWS Certifications
After completing the course materials, you’ll be eligible to take our challenging Certification Quiz. Once you earn a score of at least 90%, you’ll be issued a personalized Certificate of Achievement with your name, the course name, and the date you passed the quiz:
Add your Certificate of Achievement to your resume/CV and/or present it in interviews to set yourself apart from other candidates.
We also make sure employers know that this is a serious qualification: Your certificate will contain a link where prospective employers can review what’s on our exams and what you must master to receive the certification.
Unlike other training companies that “issue certifications,” our process is completely transparent: you can literally point to the exact questions you had to answer to pass the quiz and become certified.
Once interviewers see you really do have the “chops” to be a banker, your chances of hiring success go way, WAY up.
Thousands of Customers Have Already Used Breaking Into Wall Street to Land High-Paying and Prestigious Job Offers
At last count, over 22,981+ students, entry-level professionals and career changers have used Breaking Into Wall Street to master modeling, win interviews, and break into high-paying jobs in investment banking, private equity, hedge funds, equity research, and more.
Take a look at what some of them have to say (these are actual unedited email screenshots… a few details have been blacked out to protect customers’ privacy) below:
“Great Value For [The] Money And I’ve Recommended BIWS To A Lot OfFriends”
“It Has Become a Must for Landing Offers”
“I Believe One of the Main Reasons Behind MySuccessful Recruitment Efforts Was BIWS.”
“I Received a Bulge Bracket Investment BankingOffer for Last Summer.”
“I Landed an Offer at a Firm with 6 Billion AUM and aFast-Growing Presence in Mid-Market Private Equity”
“I Managed to Get Offers for a Summer Associate Position from4 of 5 Banks – 3 Bulge Brackets and 1 Boutique”
“I Got a Job with a Bulge Bracket in theirStructured Finance Group as an Analyst.”
“I Am Working in the Investments Team of aBillion-Dollar Private Equity Fund.”
And here’s just a small selection of schools and firms where individual students and professionals currently use our courses (Note: In some cases, groups or classes at the organizations below have signed up for official group licenses; in other cases, individuals at these organizations have signed up on their own.):
Here’s a sample video from the Advanced
Modeling course so you can see for
yourself exactly what you’ll get:
Here’s The Full Run-Down Of Everything You Get In This Course
Here’s what you receive in the 36 hours of modeling content (100 videos):
- Advanced Operating Model Lessons teach you how to create a detailed 3-statement model, including revenue and expense builds, noncontrolling interests and equity investments, PP&E schedules, deferred taxes, and quarterly projections.
- Advanced Valuation Lessons cover how to spread comps, adjust for non-recurring charges, calendarize financials, how to value NOLs and equity investments, and how to complete a DCF analysis including mid-year discounts and stub periods; you’ll also learn future share price analysis, sum-of-the-parts valuation, and liquidation valuation.
- Advanced Merger Model teaches you multiple transaction scenarios, advanced purchase price allocation, how to calculate revenue and expense synergies by segment, and book vs. cash taxes and Section 382 NOLs.
- Advanced LBO Model covers how to change an operating model into an LBO model and how to incorporate seven debt tranches and multiple capital structure scenarios, plus an advanced debt schedule with mandatory and optional repayments.
- Full transcripts of all the video content, so you can locate and review key content quickly and easily.
- Sample Pitch Book and PowerPoint lesson, including commentary on the deal.
- Instant Access when you sign up because everything is delivered online – no shipping charges or trips to the post office.
- Free Lifetime Updates and Support.
- And much, much more.